Sunday, June 16, 2013

A week of Gardening.

Last week we had a lovely group from Indiana.
Every day I was put on gardening sites. It was actually way harder than I thought it would be. A lot of blocks around here, when a building is torn down, the lot is leased to people in the communities for a dollar a month (mostly old ladies) and most start community gardens.
a lot of the ladies don't get a lot of help from the community they have the garden for and the garden gets over run by weeds and even some of the plants they planted there over grow.
I dealt with three different gardens and even when I put on PLENTY of sunscreen.. I got burned.. alll three days. *sigh*

On sunday, We went to a mexican restaurant where Sheriff Pete felt right in place.

One of my first gardens...

Before.

After! I did it all by myself :)


I'm also in Charge of Tie dye T-shirts for the teams... this one is my have, wish it was mine.



THEN, Marisa and I went down town to the arch....
























Fail... let's get some help..














No comments:

Post a Comment