Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Zoo, a week with the Burmese, and a Rodeo.

Hello all!
I haven't had internet for the past week because I was living on the south side of Saint Louis instead of at 82nd street NCF.
Last week, we had our orientation but really nothing too special happened.
Rachel, Marissa, Ian
Selah, Peter

Fail picture




I went to the St. Louis zoo and saw some Gorillas and Penguins.



oh, and Flamingos :)







All last week, we were at the NCF site in south city, The team we had was from NCF north. 
The first night we all went to a Burmese house church. I had no idea what they were saying or what was going on, but you could just tell they all loved Jesus and that the spirit of God was in that house.
I found out so much about their culture and how rude I must have seemed to them. One of the most interesting conversations I had was with a teenage girl at her house that she has lived in for about four years or so. She asked me why we keep animals in the house. I explained that they are considered companions and we are emotionally attached to them. She could not grasp why we did not eat our pets. I ate so much good Burmese food this week, but i can't tell you what was in any of the dishes, cause I have noooo clue.


Some of the food. (I think noodle with mushrooms?)


At some burmese parties they put this paste type stuff on your face that feels icy.
stupid sideways pictures.

Also, This is Abi, my long lost sister. Our families look like we all should be cousins. seriously, it was freaky.


Yesterday. I went to the Rodeo! which ONLY can be described in photo and video. so here ya go! it was a bunch of fun :)






Wacky rodeo clown


My phone cracked :(








Time to start another week! till next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment