Sunday, May 5, 2013

Counting Down

Hello My Lovelies!

Many of you may know that I'm going to St. Louis, MO this summer for an Internship with Restore St. Louis Work Day team  I will be living on the campus of New City Fellowship Church near St. Louis, MO. I will be there for ten weeks from May 28 to August 3. I will be caring for widows, the poor, orphans, immigrants and refugees by working on repairs in homes, visiting and other various activities all while physically and verbally sharing the good news of Jesus Christ. During the day I will be helping the community, while in the afternoon every night we have a Vacation Bible Club for children in the neighborhoods.
I have been on short term  mission trips to Workday Ministry five separate summers, each time with a feeling I needed to come back and continue to minister. I grew an attachment to the community dynamic and the people I came into contact with. I’m excited to see how God will stretch me physically, spiritually, and emotionally.


Prayer Requests:
  1. Protection on the way down
  2. Protection in the neighborhoods
  3. Energy
  4. Compatibility with the team
  5. for loneliness not to take me over
  6. Between now and then, for me to focus on whats in front of me with school.

Thank you all so much, and please check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment