Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Imperfection

One day closer to being done with school and one day closer to going to St. Louis!
This year has really pointed out what a horrible person I am. No, really. I'm awful. The first week at Moody was the worst. Everyone else seemed to Spiritual, super close to God, not doing anything wrong ever. That was probably the furthest from God I have ever felt, because I felt like everyone else was so much closer. 

I have learned that my relationship with God is my own. He has given me my interests, hobbies, words, and heart. This is something no one can ever take away from me. As awful as I might be or have been, He still looks at me as His. I am His daughter, His bride, His harlot to take care of. He is continually changing me and my heart for His glory. 

I also learned that a lot of people at this school simply have the facade of being perfect. What people don't realize is if you put up a wall of perfection, it may be a stumbling block for others. We're made for community, and when you reject that away to pretend you've got in under control, you're hurting yourself by dealing with things alone, and your hurting others by making them think they're not good enough.

I'm imperfect, so are you.

Here is another video!
A guy presented it in the same class I did the Sneetch video. I thought it was cool and it provoked me to write this.


Oh, there's also this song... less relevant... still good.
Also presented in this same class... yeah, good class.

No comments:

Post a Comment